The Office of Student Life at the Newark campus strives to cultivate a campus community where students can achieve success and become responsible citizens. Our purpose is to support the university’s mission by providing services and programs, encouraging student learning in and out of the classroom, and developing a diverse community which is educationally purposeful, open, just, disciplined, caring and celebrative.
The Office of Student Life intentionally creates an involved community to promote students’ well-being, personal development and commitment to the common good through transforming experiences. To provide our students with an opportunity to develop these dimensions, the Office of Student Life offers an array of programs, services and activities.
John L. and Christine Warner Library and Student Center, room
Students Share Schedules and Time Management for Success
The mission of the Office of Multicultural Affairs is to promote cultural awareness events and programs both on and off campus and create an environment that is conducive to the overall collegiate experience for students regardless of ethnicity, socio-economic status, origin, gender, race, sexual orientation or disability.
- Career Services provides the resources and strategies for choosing a college major, developing career plans, finding internships and full-time jobs, and making successful career transitions.
- Career Services seeks to educate and motivate students and alumni to take action to achieve current and future career goals.
- High quality in-person and online services work in partnership with students, alumni, employers, faculty and staff.
- Your resource for career management!
The Office of Career Development and Experiential Learning Servic
Creating experience for life
Student Activities within the Office of Student Life seeks to
provide diverse programming to enhance the cultural,
intellectual and social growth of the Newark campus
community. Each semester there are a variety of cultural,
educational and social programs that supplement the learning
atmosphere of the campus.
Newark Campus Recreational Sports provides free intramural, recreation and fitness opportunities for students, faculty and staff of Central Ohio Technical College and The Ohio State University at Newark. Verified alumni from both institutions are eligible for membership for a minimal fee.
In addition to all available federal, state, local and university guidelines, Recreational Sports follows guidance of national sports governing bodies to ensure physical distancing practices and other safety protocols are in place.
Per university guidelines we are requiring visitors to wear masks regardless of the type of exercise or vaccination status. Health checks are not required.
For more information, please see our COVID-19 Policy Information.
The following facility changes have been made to promote physical distancing:
- Fitness equipment is distanced at least six feet apart following state guidelines.
- Six to 10 feet of physical distance is maintained in all activity spaces.
- Facility occupancy is limited to 60%.
- Shared equipment is limited and available for checkout. Users may bring their own equipment for personal use.
- Recreational sports follows cleaning and disinfection guidelines outlined in the facilities section.
- Staff in facilities are stationed in areas to clean equipment and other high touch spaces regularly throughout the day. All spaces are also be cleaned and disinfected nightly.
- Cleaning supplies are available to patrons and are encouraged to be used on equipment pre- and post-workout.
Activities, programs and services
- Activities are permitted but limited to or reduced to no physical contact, such as cardio, strength training, running, jogging, walking, or weightlifting. The use of the court may be limited to approved classes and for individual users.
- Group fitness classes available virtually.
- Day lockers are limited and operated with physical distancing in place.
Personal safety expectations
- All students, faculty, staff and visitors are required to wear a face mask indoors at all times, regardless of their vaccination status. Masks must cover the nose, mouth and chin. Members should modify their activity level to accommodate wearing a mask.
Sunday–Saturday: noon–5 p.m.
Hours of operation vary depending on the time of the year and special events taking place in the gymnasium. If you have questions about specific daily hours of operation, please contact the center directly: 740.755.7105. Adena Hall is located at 1159 University Drive.
Central Ohio Technical College (COTC) as defined in our values, seeks the active involvement of students, faculty and staff in open, honest and fair communication. While we strive to be the best in everything that we do, we continuously evaluate our performance and welcome constructive assessment and suggestions for improvement. As a community, we treat each concern with respect and review each one seriously.
Records maintained by the college concerning student-initiated concerns, including information regarding the incident, the review and resolution may be shared with the Higher Learning Commission, however, individual student identities will remain anonymous.
Constitution Day is an American federal observance that recognizes the adoption of the United States Constitution. It is observed on September 17, to commemorate the day in 1787 that 39 delegates to the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia signed the document, and recognize all who, by coming of age or by naturalization, have become citizens.
- The Newark campus residence community strives to provide a clean, safe and quiet environment for our residential students.
- As members of the residence community, students are encouraged to adopt as their standard an attitude of civility and respect for others.
- A qualified and dedicated staff works to establish links between the academic, social and recreational aspects of college life.