CCP Students


Students have the opportunity to participate in College Credit Plus at Central Ohio Technical College in three different ways:

  • COTC college courses are taught by high school teachers at the high school. (Partnering high school)
  • COTC college courses are taught by COTC faculty at the high school. (Partnering high school)
  • COTC college courses are taught by COTC faculty at any of COTC’s four campuses and/or online.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I have an IEP or 504 Plan?

High school students who have an IEP or 504 must self-identify to colleges. We highly recommend students on an IEP or 504 connect with our Director of Disability Services, Connie Zang. The IEP or 504 accommodations a student has in high school do not automatically transfer to college. Accommodations can often still be provided for high school students taking college courses through CCP, but are assessed case by case by Disability Services. Please visit our Disability Services page for more information.

What academic services are available to help CCP students?

CCP students can access free services to help them academically including things like tutoring and testing. Students can also connect with our Learning Specialist to improve study skills, note-taking, and time management. Please visit our Center for Student Success page for more information.

How can I view what classes are offered at COTC?

We encourage you to review our online course catalog to see what classes you may be interested in taking. Please watch our course catalog video to help you navigate and understand our COTC course catalog.

What is the Family Educational Rights And Privacy Act (FERPA)?

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. When high school students complete a COTC application for CCP, there is a statement that indicates we, COTC, are permitted to share information with you, as the CCP student, as well as share information with your high school. If you want your parent/guardian to also have access to your COTC information you as the CCP student, must complete the COTC confidential information release form.

Can CCP students work on a COTC campus?

High school students taking College Credit Plus (CCP) with COTC can apply for a job to work at one of COTC’s four campus locations. High school students who want to work on a COTC campus must have a work permit or be 18 years of age. CCP students can only apply for jobs listed as “student wages.” View our open student employment opportunities.

Where can I get more information?

For more information about College Credit Plus at a state-level, visit the College Credit Plus page