Purpose: To provide services to assist students with improvement of their written and spoken communications skills
The Learning Specialist provides advice and resources to enhance students’ learning inside and outside of the classroom.
Areas of Support
- Self-regulation: self-efficacy and confidence, motivation, goal setting, procrastination
- Life Balance: planning, managing time, prioritizing, safeguarding personal well-being
- Learning Strategies: meta-cognition, active learning, study skills and techniques
- Effective Use of Resources: peer-assisted learning, faculty support and communication, technology and e-learning
Services are offered in a variety of formats: workshops, classroom presentations, on-demand online seminars and individualized assistance via personalized consults.
To provide services to assist students with improvement of their math skills.
The Ohio State University at Newark and Central Ohio Technical College Testing Center provide accessible, secure and confidential testing services to both students and community members in an optimal testing environment. We strive to preserve academic integrity and support the academic mission of excellence held by both institutions. This is accomplished by adhering to the National College Testing Association’s Professional Standards and Guidelines.
The Testing Center is a member of the National College Testing Association and adheres to its Professional Standards and Guidelines.
Tutoring will be provided face-to-face and online.
- Takes place (for most subjects) in Warner Center Room 211 (second floor)
- No appointment required
- Takes place online via Zoom
- Appointment is required
- Indicate your availability for a session (45-minute session for most subjects) by completing this form.
Then, we will contact you as soon as possible with more information, including a specific time for your session.
If you would like to submit a paper to be reviewed and returned to you by email, please use this form