Administrators & Counselors


Welcome to the administrator and school counselor resource page. Here, you will find resources to assist you in building and maintaining a College Credit Plus partnership with COTC. Whether you would like to explore COTC courses at your high school or will be sending students to a COTC campus, follow the links below for admissions, enrollment, and course information.

Students have the opportunity to participate in College Credit Plus at Central Ohio Technical College in three different ways:

  • Students take college courses taught by high school faculty at the high school. (Partnering high school)
  • Students take college courses taught by COTC faculty at the high school. (Partnering high school)
  • Students take college courses at any of COTC’s four campuses and/or online.

First Step

Complete Free Application Online

Create an Application Account

Future students who have never applied to COTC will need to create an account before they can complete an application.

Students who have previously applied and/or attended COTC may not need to create an account. Those students can simply log in with their email and password.

Verify Account Creation Email

When students create an account to apply to COTC, they will be asked to verify the email they used to create the account before they can begin and complete their application.

Complete the COTC Application

Students can complete their application by signing in with their email and password. 

The COTC application is not the same as a selective healthcare application.

Students interested in healthcare programs that require selection have an additional application and steps to complete.

  • Sonography
  • Nursing
  • Radiologic Science Technology
  • Surgical Technology
Students walking

Second Step

Submit Official Transcripts

Request High School Transcripts

Students should contact their high school to request their official transcripts be sent to COTC.

Transcripts can be submitted as follows:

Mailed to COTC:
The Gateway – Student Records
1179 University Drive
Newark, OH 43055. 

Emailed directly from high school personnel to

High school transcripts can be used to allow students to place out of certain coursework or into higher-level coursework.

SSID Number

Student SSID numbers (not Social Security numbers, district ID numbers, or any other identifier) are the means by which student funding is tracked, reported and disbursed.  Typically, we have found that the majority of districts put SSIDs on their transcripts.  However, some do not.  If your district does not report SSID numbers on student transcripts, please provide it to our Records Support Specialist, Robin Champ, at



Intro Paragraph neededIntro Paragraph neededIntro Paragraph neededIntro Paragraph neededIntro Paragraph needed

CCP Student at computer

Disability Services

High school students who have an IEP or 504 must self-identify to colleges. We highly recommend students on an IEP or 504 connect with our Director of Disability Services, Connie Zang. The IEP or 504 accommodations a student has in high school do not automatically transfer to college. Accommodations can often still be provided for high school students taking college courses through CCP, but are assessed case by case by Disability Services. Please visit our Disability Services page for more information.

CCP Student standing in front on Ariel Hall

Graduating Senior Information

CCP Scholarship

CCP Students can receive up to $1000 per semester after high school graduation. Whether your student wants to get into a career quickly or complete the first two years of their bachelor’s degree, COTC’s CollegeCredit Plus (CCP) Scholarship can save them thousands of dollars on their college education.