Students who apply for federal financial aid may be selected for a process called verification and must submit documents to confirm the information reported on the FAFSA is accurate. Students should respond quickly to any request for information from Student Financial Services and be certain that their name and COTC seven-digit ID number are clearly printed on all documents.
- Bankruptcy Resolution
- Child Support Paid Verification
- Clarification of Degree Seeking Status
- Date/State of Legal Residence Form
- Default Resolution
- Documentation of Citizenship or Eligible Non-Citizen Status
- Educational Savings Plan Verification Form
- Emancipated Minor or In Legal Guardianship Documentation
- Excess of Loan(s) Resolution
- High School Completion Status Form
- Identity/Statement of Educational Purpose Form
- Orphan, Dependent/Ward of Court, or In Foster Care Document
- Overpayment Resolution
- Parent Asset Verification Form
- Parent Refusal to Complete the FAFSA
- Parent Verification Worksheet
- Permanent Disability Form
- Student Asset Verification Form
- Student Statement of Support
- Student Verification Worksheet
- Tax Extension Form
- Unaccompanied Youth or Homeless Documentation
- Untaxed Income Verification
- Verification of Living Resources
- Verification of Parent Household
- Verification of Parent Marital Status
- Verification of Student Household
- Verification of Student Marital Status
- Read more
At COTC, appeal processes are in place for students to provide information and appeal things like dependency status and/or income reported on the FAFSA. It’s important to talk with a Student Financial Services staff member to understand what form is needed, when and what appeal processes entail.
When changes are needed related to paying for college, documentation is almost always required. Documentation or forms are needed to ensure proper/regulatory record-keeping.
We are here to help you with questions or concerns you may have related to paying for college. We especially want to ensure if you have information to complete, you understand which form(s) to submit, when and how.
Student Financial Services
Central Ohio Technical College
1179 University Dr.
Newark, OH 43055