Free College for Eligible Knox and Coshocton County Residents
We’re invested in you.
Students are encouraged to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) to be considered for grant opportunities. Some grants may require an application in addition to the FASFA. Many COTC students are eligible for grants to help and/or cover the cost of tuition and in some cases books/supplies. Grants awarded to students do not need to be repaid.
COTC awards over a million dollars annually
Because of the generosity of our many donors, COTC is proud to offer more than 50 different scholarships to our students. While the majority of available scholarships are automatic consideration and only require a student to be admitted and to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), some scholarships require students to complete a separate application and most require the FAFSA.
Federal Work Study
Get a job on campus
Federal Work-Study is a Federal Student Aid program that gives students with financial need an opportunity to work part-time on a COTC campus. Federal Work Study allows students to earn money to help pay education expenses while in college.
Loans are a form of financial aid that many students use to help meet the Cost of Attendance that is not covered by scholarships, grants or other personal resources. When thinking about loans, keep in mind that, unlike grants and scholarships, loans accrue interest and must be repaid even if the student does not complete the program and/or does not find employment in his area of study.
CARES-Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
CARES Act – Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF I), CRRSAA-Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF II), & ARP - Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III)
Central Ohio Technical College – CARES Act Reporting
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act; the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF I & II) , and the American Rescue Plan (ARP) of 2021 (HEERF III) each provide emergency funding to higher education institutions.
- COTC HEERF Quarterly Report_9.30.20
- COTC HEERF Quarterly Report_12.31.20
- COTC HEERF Quarterly Report_3.31.21
- COTC HEERF Quarterly Report_6.30.21
- COTC HEERF Quarterly Report_9.30.21
- COTC HEERF Student Quarterly Report_10.10.21
- COTC HEERF Student Quarterly Report_1.10.22
- COTC HEERF Quarterly Report_12.31.21
- COTC HEERF Student Quarterly Report_4.10.22
- COTC HEERF Quarterly Report 3.31.22
- COTC HEERF Quarterly Report 6.30.22 (Includes Student Aid Portion)
- COTC HEERF Quarterly Report 9.30.22 (Includes Student Aid Portion)
- COTC HEERF Quarterly Report 12.31.22 (Includes Student Aid Portion)
- COTC HEERF Quarterly Report 3.31.23 (Includes Student Aid Portion)
- Read more