Policy & Purpose
To create a high performance culture, COTC will ensure that each member of our community is offered:
- Clear performance objectives;
- Ongoing coaching and feedback;
- Professional development;
- Recognition for outstanding work that contributes to overall success
The performance year is May 1-April 30.
- May 1
- Performance year begins.
- September 30
- First mid-year check-in with staff-member completed.
- January 31
- Second mid-year check-in with staff-member completed.
- March 15
- Staff-member self-evaluations completed;
- Self-evaluations are optional and at the supervisor’s discretion.
- April 30
- Performance year ends;
- Annual appraisals due to Office of Human Resources;
- Next year’s planning and objectives setting completed.
Performance Planning and Appraisal Form
This single form is used throughout the entire performance cycle: planning, midyear check-ins, annual appraisal. Guidelines for its use are contained within the form itself.
- Note: If you have Office 2010 or later, you may be presented with a dialogue box asking if you want to open or save the file; this box may pop up behind your browser window. In the dialogue box select “save.” Once saved, you will be able to open and edit the document.