Open Enrollment begins Nov. 1, 2023, and ends Nov. 15, 2023, for the plan year covering Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2024.
During Open Enrollment eligible faculty and staff have the opportunity to review, renew and make changes to select benefit plans. You may:
- Enroll, cancel or make changes to Health Plan benefit elections (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Add or drop dependents, based on Health Plan eligibility requirements (see dependent eligibility guidelines)
- Enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) — continued participation requires re-enrollment each plan year
- Make elections for voluntary group term life insurance (VGTLI) spouse and/or child(ren) coverage
Even if you are making no other changes, be sure to review your benefit information to ensure no changes are necessary. Open enrollment is also a good time to review your designated beneficiaries to determine if any changes are needed.
Be sure to note the following important dates applicable to Open Enrollment:
- Nov. 1–15, 2023— Open Enrollment for the 2022 plan year. Submit your benefit election enrollment forms manually by printing, completing and submitting appropriate form(s) listed below to the Office of Human Resources.
- Nov. 15, 2023 — The deadline to submit your benefit election forms to the Office of Human Resources.
- Jan. 1, 2024 — The date that benefit plan elections made during this Open Enrollment period become effective.
- Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2024 — The plan year during which benefit plan elections made during this Open Enrollment period will be effective. Also, a new opportunity to earn HRA dollars in Your Plan 4 Health will begin Jan. 1, 2024.
Benefits Plan Information
Benefits through The Ohio State University HealthPlan
Health benefits summaries:
- Medical and Prescription
- Dental and Vision
reimbursement account (HRA)
- Voluntary group life insurance (VGTLI) - Minnesota Life for Dependents Only
FSA Flexible Spending Accounts through COTC
Other Forms and Information
Please contact Simone Leigh, HR consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org or 740.755.7867.
Information to come…