Leave and COVID-19 Pandemic
Open for Business
The college is open and fulfilling its mission. All work options, including telework, are to be explored before seeking leave due to the pandemic.
COTC Leave Policies
COTC recognizes that supporting faculty and staff in balancing career and personal life benefits the institution and its most important resource, people.
The college’s standard leave policies are available:
Families First Act
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act’s provisions for “emergency paid sick leave” and “expanded family and medical leave” expired on Dec. 31, 2020.
Notice of Privacy Practices (HIPAA)
This Notice of Privacy Practices describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Life Events and Pre-tax Benefits
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations permit employees to drop, add or change benefit plans paid with pre-tax dollars during the plan year when a “qualifying status change” occurs. Changes to benefits choices must be made within 30 days of the status change.
Qualifying status changing events include:
- Divorce, legal separation or annulment
- Death of employee, spouse or dependent
- Birth, adoption or placement of adoption of child
- Employment status changes for the employee, employee’s spouse or dependent, e.g., beginning or ending employment (including retirement) or unpaid leave of absence
- Dependent turning aging 26
Except for these types of events, employees may only change their pre-tax benefits choices during the annual open enrollment period.
Generally, changes may be made to benefits paid with after-tax dollars at anytime.
- 15% off plans & 25% off accessories
- To claim your Verizon Wireless discount, log in to myCOTC and hover over the menu logo located on the far upper left corner of the landing page, open the “Human Resources” tab and choose “Verizon Discount.”