Newark Campus Recreational Sports provides free intramural, recreation and fitness opportunities for students, faculty and staff of Central Ohio Technical College and The Ohio State University at Newark. Verified alumni from both institutions are eligible for membership for a minimal fee.
- Recreational sports follows cleaning and disinfection guidelines outlined in the facilities section.
- Staff in facilities are stationed in areas to clean equipment and other high touch spaces regularly throughout the day. All spaces are also be cleaned and disinfected nightly.
- Cleaning supplies are available to patrons and are encouraged to be used on equipment pre- and post-workout.
Activities, programs and services
- Activities are permitted but limited to or reduced to no physical contact, such as cardio, strength training, running, jogging, walking, or weightlifting. The use of the court may be limited to approved classes and for individual users.
- Group fitness classes available virtually.
- Day lockers are limited and operated with physical distancing in place.
Personal safety expectations
- All students, faculty, staff, and visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask indoors at all times, regardless of their vaccination status. Masks must cover the nose, mouth, and chin. Members should modify their activity level to accommodate wearing a mask.
Sunday: 4 p.m.–9 p.m.
Monday: 6:30 a.m.– 10 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:00 a.m.–9 p.m.
Wednesday: 6:30 a.m.–10 p.m.
Thursday: 6:30 a.m.–10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–9 p.m.
Saturday: noon–5 p.m.
Hours of operation vary depending on the time of the year and special events taking place in the gymnasium. If you have questions about specific daily hours of operation, please contact the center directly: 740.755.7105. Adena Hall is located at 1159 University Drive.
Adena Recreation Center
The Adena Recreation Center is open throughout the day and evening for recreational use by students, faculty, and staff of the Newark campus. Participants must present their BUCK-ID for entry to the facility.
Over 10,000 square feet of space
- State-of-the-art cardio machines
- New weight equipment and racks
- 1500 square feet
- Wood floors and mirrored walls
- Multipurpose grass turf field 50 yds x 80 yds
- Used for multiple sports and classes
Until further notice there will be no open gym for indoor soccer or basketball.
- 14,000 square feet of space
- 2 full size basketball courts or
- 2 full volleyball courts
1000 ways to enjoy fitness at home.
Wellbeats Competition January 10-April 25, 2022
Visit Adena Recreation Center font desk to enter.
Watched videos – 1 point
Downloaded videos – 2 points
Most points wins special prize!
Intramural Sports – Leagues or Tournaments
Intramural sports provide an opportunity for students of all skill levels to stay active and compete weekly with other students. Each year, approximately 750 students participate in a variety of Intramural events. A specific Intramurals bulletin board with information and schedules for each semester is located in Adena Hall between the men’s and women’s locker rooms.
- Dodge Ball
- Flag football
- 3v3 Basketball
- Ping Pong
- Indoor Soccer (futsal)
- Strength Competition Lifting
- Strength Competition Crossfit
- Golf Scramble
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Race to the Finish 5K
Who Can Participate
- Any COTC or Ohio State Newark student
- Faculty and staff members of COTC and Ohio State Newark
How to Get Involved
- All intramural participants will be required to create an account at imleagues.com or on the app for your smartphone.
- Remember if you have not completed an Intramural Waiver, you must provide one prior to competing. Save time, download now.
- Adena Recreation Center – 2 basketball courts, weight room, cardio room (must present valid COTC or BUCKID for entry to gym)
- Outdoor basketball court – located behind Residence Halls
- Two flag football fields and soccer field w/two full-size goals – located across from the Warner Center parking lot
Tell Us What You Want
The Intramural program was established to serve you. If you have an Intramural sporting event in mind, contact the intramurals coordinator and let us know. We will try to make it part of the semester Intramural schedule.
Contact the Intramurals Coordinator
- Our student staff is a key component in our approach to fulfill our mission, vision and values of the Student Life and Recreation Sports Programs.
- See our current job listings at Student Financial Services.