There’s still time to enroll at Central Ohio Technical College (COTC) this spring. Registration is open for the college’s second-term accelerated courses, which start March 7. Accelerated classes allow students to earn the same college credit as full-length semester courses in half the time.
The popular accelerated class format allows students who did not enroll in January to get back on track or start their degree immediately without waiting. Students with responsibilities like a job or family find accelerated courses help them better fit college into their busy lives. Students returning to college after a long absence can try out college courses without a full-semester commitment.
Many offerings are general education classes that can count toward an associate degree at COTC or transfer to any public college or university in the state of Ohio. Courses are offered in multiple delivery methods. A full list of courses is below.
Second-term accelerated courses begin on March 7. COTC’s free application for admission is due Feb. 28, and the last day to register for classes is March 7. These courses are financial aid eligible for students enrolled in a degree pathway at COTC. To be considered for financial aid, students must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov. Coshocton County residents may be eligible for free tuition through COTC’s Coshocton Promise. Learn more at go.cotc.edu/promise.
SECOND-TERM ACCELERATED COURSES
Online Offerings (content is fully online, no scheduled meeting times)
- BUS-125-N2 PC Applications in Business
- BUS-135-A2 Intro to Human Resources
- ECON-110-N2 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ENGL-113-N2 Composition II
- MATH-130-N3 Introduction to Statistics
- PHIL-100-N2 Critical Thinking
- PSY-100-N2 Introduction to Psychology
- SOC-100-N2 Introduction to Sociology
- SOC-110-N2 Cultural Diversity
- SPCH-210-N2 Small Group Communications
- MATH-140-T2, M/W 9:35-10:55 a.m. in person with additional online work
On Campus/In Person
- ECE-170-A2 Children’s Literature, M/W 5:30-7:20 p.m.
- ENGL-012-T2 Co-Requisite Composition I, M/W/F 9–10:50 a.m.
- ENGL-112C-T2 Composition I, M/W/F Noon–2:20 p.m.
Learn more about COTC’s more than 50 career-ready bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees and certificates in healthcare, business, information technology, public safety and engineering technology at cotc.edu/degrees-certificates.
To speak with an admissions counselor, email or call any of COTC’s four campus locations:
COTC is a fully accredited, public college dedicated to providing high-quality, accessible programs of technical education in response to current and emerging employment needs. COTC is the only technical college in Ohio operating four full-service campus locations: Newark, Coshocton, Knox and Pataskala.