WHAT is the COTC Coshocton Promise?
- COTC guarantees that tuition (instructional and general fees) will be entirely covered by institutional, federal and state aid as well as private scholarships.
- Coshocton Promise is initially possible through a partnership between COTC and the Coshocton Foundation’s Clarence and Grace Miller Scholarship endowment.
WHO is eligible for the COTC Coshocton Promise?
- Current residents who have lived in Coshocton County for at least one year.
- A student with an annual household income of $60,000 or less reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Other Coshocton Promise eligibility information:
- Open to new, current or returning COTC students who do not already hold a bachelor’s degree or an associate degree.
- Open to students enrolled in an aid-eligible COTC degree or certificate program*.
- Current and returning COTC students must meet the standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Students must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA and continue meeting the standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress and maintain all other federal eligibility requirements each semester enrolled at COTC to maintain Coshocton Promise eligibility.
- Eligibility determined each year based on household income on the FAFSA and continued Coshocton County residency.
- Enroll in as little as one credit hour in your program each semester.
- No lifetime dollar limit to Promise awards.
* The plan of study for each COTC degree or certificate will state whether it is aid-eligible.
WHERE can eligible students use Coshocton Promise funds?
Enroll at any COTC campus or online.
HOW can students apply for the COTC Coshocton Promise?
No separate application; students who have been admitted, completed the FAFSA and submitted any additional documentation requested for the financial aid process will automatically be considered.
Take These Steps:
- Apply and be admitted to COTC.
- Complete the FAFSA (students are encouraged to file the FAFSA by the priority filing date) for intended first semester of enrollment, and annually thereafter.
- Receive your notification letter.
- Register for classes.
Learn more at 740.622.1408 or