Statement of Purpose
The mission of the radiographic technology program at Central Ohio Technical College is to prepare qualified imaging technologists who practice ethically, respond to patient needs with competence and compassion, and help fulfill the community’s healthcare needs.
Program Goals/Student Outcomes
To accomplish this mission, the radiologic science technology program embraces the following goals:
- Perform entry-level radiography skills.
- Produce acceptable diagnostic images.
- Evaluate images for quality.
- Practice radiation safety.
- Demonstrate accepted standards of professional practice and
professional development within the healthcare environment.
- Create a professional development plan.
- Demonstrate professionalism in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Communicate effectively within the clinical setting.
- Utilize appropriate medical terminology.
- demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving and critical thinking
- Utilize problem solving skills to solve technique challenges.
- Correct or improve the clinical images.
Program effectiveness includes:
- Appropriately retaining students who are selected into the program
- Students obtaining employment within one year of graduation
- Graduates indicating satisfaction with the program
- Employers indicating overall satisfaction with the program
- Students passing the national credentialing exam on the first attempt
- Students maintaining high average scores in each category of the national exam