The COTC fire science technical rescue program awards an Associate of Applied Science through an excellent curriculum designed to provide education and skills in technical rescue operations for those who are seasoned professionals and for those who are new to fire science and emergency medical services professions, wishing to specialize in technical rescue operations in fire and emergency services.
Fire Science Technical Rescue Learning Outcomes
At the completion of the plan of study, students with an Associate of Applied Science in Fire Science Technical Rescue will be able to:
- Apply strategies, tactics and incident command/incident management skills to technical rescue emergency incidents.
- Application of management and leadership principles to fire department operations, interagency cooperation and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Development of skills and education for employment and advancement in fire and emergency services.
- Identify, examine and apply current and emerging concepts in technical rescue operations.
- Exhibit an understanding of basic principles of safety related to firefighter life safety initiatives and focusing on the need for cultural and behavioral change in fire and emergency services.
- Identify and demonstrate the knowledge/skills required for victim rescue and improved patient outcomes in a high-risk environment.