Upon completion of the community health worker training program, the student will be prepared to:
- Advocate for clients or patients in the community setting to resolve crises.
- Collaborate with other professionals to address the social determinants of health for community members.
- Facilitate connections between patients, clients, or families and community resources, including but not limited to medical services, social services, legal aid, housing, job placement, education, or food sources.
- Assist community members to understand their health conditions and facilitate ways to improve health.
- Provide basic health services such as monitoring blood pressure.