The Electrical Engineering Technology associate degree program at COTC is Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives describe what graduates are expected to know and be able to do after graduation or with a few years of experience.
- Successfully apply fundamental mathematical, scientific, and engineering technology principles in formulating and solving electrical engineering problems.
- Successfully apply the procedures and steps for diagnosing a problem.
- Work competently in one or more core electrical engineering technology areas of practice.
- Develop improved skills and new skills to enhance the state of their practice in a dynamic professional environment.
- Work effectively and conduct themselves ethically in their professional environment.
- Acquire new knowledge by being a member or part of professional organizations and keeping themselves up to date of the new advances in the electrical engineering technology field.
The COTC Electrical Engineering Technology Department has adopted the 2019-2020 ABET Criterion 3 Student Outcomes (1-5) as our own Student Outcomes.
Graduates in the COTC Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology program should have
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the electrical engineering technology discipline.
- an ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline.
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results.
- an ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team.
Electrical Engineering Technology Specific:
- Demonstrate the application of circuit analysis and design, computer programming, associated software, analog and digital electronics, and microcomputers, and engineering technology standards to the building, testing, operation, and maintenance of electrical/electronic(s) systems.
- Demonstrate the applications of physics or chemistry to electrical/electronic(s) circuits in a rigorous mathematical environment at or above the level of algebra and trigonometry.
Enrollment, Graduation and Job Placement Information
The performance of the COTC engineering technology program is reflected through program effectiveness data. Program effectiveness data includes the program graduation data, enrollment data and job placement data.