Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the nursing program is to provide health education programs for emerging and practicing healthcare providers, accomplished through the values of integrity, quality, leadership, affordability and innovation.
- Collaborates with healthcare team members to provide safe, competent care to meet the patient’s biopsychosocial, spiritual and cultural needs in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Utilizes technology and a spirit of inquiry to examine resources to develop nursing judgment and guide evidence-based practice.
- Manages patient-centered nursing care and promotes the health of patients within the family and community context.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and integrity within an ethical and legal framework.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills and attitudes as a nurse generalist with the ability to assess and prioritize patient needs and services.
- Utilizes quality improvement to continually enhance patient care and promote positive patient outcomes.