Five course-delivery options
At COTC, we know that you need flexibility to fit your education around your busy life and individual needs. That’s why we’re offering more flexibility in course-delivery options than ever before. Whether you prefer on-campus classes, virtual or a combination, COTC now offers five delivery options – on campus, hybrid, hy-flex, remote and online – as we build on our commitment to meet students where they are.
And while some courses that require hands-on participation cannot be delivered remotely, if students don’t initially see a course offered in their preferred delivery mode, COTC will work to add the option whenever possible.
- On-campus: traditional face-to-face classes.
- Hybrid: a portion of class sessions will meet for face-to-face instruction with other sessions utilizing remote learning (e.g., video lectures, online discussions, or activities).
- Hy-flex: some students will attend an in-person lecture; other students will attend the live lecture via Zoom. Hy-flex courses will also use DTEN technology, an immersive online collaborative platform that will allow students across multiple COTC campuses to enroll in the same course.
- Remote: course is offered remotely as either synchronous (live lectures scheduled on specific days/times) or asynchronous (recorded lectures accessible anytime).
- Online: course is offered entirely online without scheduled days/times to meet within the college’s learning management system (Canvas) and/or supplementary instruction resources, such as online math labs or e-books.
Second-term accelerated classes
The popular accelerated class format allows students who did not enroll for semester classes to get back on track or start their degree immediately without waiting for the next semester. Students with responsibilities like a job or family find accelerated courses help them better fit college into their busy lives.
Most offerings are general education classes that can count toward an associate degree at COTC or transfer to any public college or university in the state of Ohio. Courses are offered in multiple delivery methods.
2021-22 class start dates
|Autumn 2nd term
|Spring 2nd term
|Summer 2nd term
2021 autumn semester second-term accelerated courses begin on Oct. 18. COTC’s free application for admission is due Oct. 11, and the last day to register for classes is Oct. 18. These courses are financial aid eligible for students enrolled in a degree pathway at COTC. To be considered for financial aid, students must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.ed.gov. Coshocton County residents may be eligible for free tuition through COTC’s Coshocton Promise. Learn more at go.cotc.edu/promise.
2021 autumn semester second-term accelerated classes
Online Offerings (Content is fully online, no scheduled meeting times)
- ECON-105 Principles of Microeconomics
- ENGL-112 Composition I
- ENGL-113 Composition II
- HLT-110 Medical Terminology
- HLT-115 Human Nutrition
- MATH-130 Intro to Statistics
- PHIL-100 Critical Thinking
- PSY-100 Intro to Psychology
- SPCH-210 Small Group Communications
- LET-100 Intro to Criminal Justice
- SOC-110 Cultural Diversity
Hybrid (mix of on-campus and remote instruction)
- MATH-140-A2 T/TH 9:35-10:55 a.m. in person with additional online work
Remote Synchronous (online with scheduled meeting times)
- ECE-110 Observation and Assessment Practices M/W 5:30-7:20 p.m. online via Zoom
STATE TESTED NURSE AIDE (STNA) CERTIFICATE
- COTC will offer two sections of the Basic Healthcare Skills – State Tested Nurse Aide certificate course in Newark and Mount Vernon. The STNA certificate is completed in one course and prepares a basic healthcare worker with skills required by the Training and Competency Evaluation Program (TCEP) prior to gaining eligibility to become an STNA. Employment opportunities include healthcare support workers, health technologists and technicians, and nurses assistants. This course fulfills the STNA prerequisite for COTC’s nursing programs for those who wish to continue their education.
STNA Flex Courses (delivered in person and live online)
Registration for NURS-002 State Tested Nurse Aide is one week before the class start date.
- NURS-002-YB Basic Healthcare Skills – State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA) Oct. 11-Dec. 9, M/T/TH, 1 p.m.-5 p.m., held at C-TEC
- NURS-002-VA Basic Healthcare Skills – State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA) Nov. 1-Nov. 20, M/T/W/TH, 4:30-9:30 p.m. and Sat. 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (Clinicals Nov. 13 and 20), held at Knox Technical Center
Learn more about COTC’s more than 50 career-ready associate degrees and certificates in healthcare, business, information technology, public safety and engineering.
To speak with an admissions counselor, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call any of COTC’s four campus locations: