At COTC, we know that you need flexibility to fit your education around your busy life and individual needs. That’s why we’re offering more flexibility in course-delivery options than ever before. Whether you prefer on-campus classes, virtual or a combination, COTC now offers five delivery options – on campus, hybrid, hy-flex, remote and online – as we build on our commitment to meet students where they are.
And while some courses that require hands-on participation cannot be delivered remotely, if students don’t initially see a course offered in their preferred delivery mode, COTC will work to add the option whenever possible.
- On-campus: traditional face-to-face classes.
- Hybrid: a portion of class sessions will meet for face-to-face instruction with other sessions utilizing remote learning (e.g., video lectures, online discussions, or activities).
- Hy-flex: some students will attend an in-person lecture; other students will attend the live lecture via Zoom. Hy-flex courses will also use DTEN technology, an immersive online collaborative platform that will allow students across multiple COTC campuses to enroll in the same course.
- Remote: course is offered remotely as either synchronous (live lectures scheduled on specific days/times) or asynchronous (recorded lectures accessible anytime).
- Online: course is offered entirely online without scheduled days/times to meet within the college’s learning management system (Canvas) and/or supplementary instruction resources, such as online math labs or e-books.