We’re here to help!
Military students and veterans are supported by a team dedicated to helping you make the most of the financial and academic resources available to you. Many veterans are living better lives today after reaching out for support. Learn more. You’re not alone.
For an appointment with the Student Resource Center contact:
For an appointment with Counseling Services contact:
For an appointment with Student Life-Disability Services contact:
Connie S. Zang
Veteran Affairs Coordinator and Director, Student Life-Disability Services
Local Veteran Resources:
Licking County Veterans Service Commission
935 Buckeye Avenue, Newark, Ohio 43055
Phone: 740.670.5430, Fax: 740.670.5434
Veteran’s Administration Newark Community Based Outpatient (Clinic)
1855 W Main St, Newark, OH 43055
Phone: 740.788.8329, Toll Free 888.615.9448 ext. 5900, Fax: 614.257.5903
Licking County Coalition for Housing SSVF
Licking County SSVF
Coshocton County Veterans Service Commission
318 Main St., Coshocton, OH 43812
Phone: 740.622.2313 Fax: 740.623.6507
Knox County Veterans Service Office
411 Pittsburgh Avenue, Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Phone: 740.393.6742, Fax: 740.393.6741
Ohio Dept. of Veterans Services
Veterans Families Volunteers of America Ohio and Indiana
Volunteers of America Ohio and Indiana
U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs: Resources
- US Dept of Veterans Affairs va.gov
- Veterans Crisis Line - If you are having thoughts of suicide, call 1.800.273.8255, then PRESS 1 or visit http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
- For emergency mental health care, you can also go directly to your local VA medical center 24/7 regardless of your discharge status or enrollment in other VA health care.
- Vet Centers - Discuss how you feel with other Veterans in these community-based counseling centers. 70% of Vet Center staff are Veterans. Call 1.877.927.8387 or find one near you.
- VA Mental Health Services Guide - This guide will help you sign up and access mental health services.
- MakeTheConnection.net - information, resources, and Veteran to Veteran videos for challenging life events and experiences with mental health issues.
- RallyPoint - Talk to other Veterans online. Discuss: What are your feelings as the Taliban reclaim Afghanistan after 20 years of US involvement?
- Download VA’s self-help apps - Tools to help deal with common reactions like, stress, sadness, and anxiety. You can also track your symptoms over time.
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) - Request a Peer Mentor
- VA Women Veterans Call Center - Call or text 1.855.829.6636 (M-F 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. & Sat. 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. ET)
- VA Caregiver Support Line - Call 1.855.260.3274 (M-F 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. & Sat. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET)
- Together We Served -Find your battle buddies through unit pages
- George W. Bush Institute - Need help or want to talk? Check In or call: 1.630.522.4904 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Dole Foundation Hidden Heroes - Join the Community
- Help for Homeless Veterans – Call 877.424.3838, https://www.va.gov/homeless/nationalcallcenter.asp
- American Red Cross Military Veteran Caregiver Network - Peer Support and Mentoring
- Team Red, White & Blue - Hundreds of events weekly. Find a chapter in your area.
- Student Veterans of America - Find a campus chapter to connect with.
- Team Rubicon - Find a local support squad.
- PTSD Coach Online - A series of online video coaches will guide you through 17 tools to help you manage stress. PTSD Coach Online is used on a computer, rather than a mobile device, and therefore can offer tools that involve writing.