Members of The 1971 Legacy Society will receive benefits such as:
- Invitation to an annual VIP recognition event hosted by the COTC President
- Special 1971 Legacy Society gift
- Recognition in COTC’s annual Impact Report
- Recognition on COTC’s 1971 Legacy Society webpage
Other planned giving benefits may include:
- A charitable tax deduction
- Reduction of estate settlement costs
- Reduced capital gains taxes
Preparing your estate plan does not need to be complicated. Just follow these simple steps:
- Gather information on your assets, including retirement funds and life insurance policies.
- Think about the people and organizations that matter most to you.
- Meet with an estate planning professional.
- Discuss your decisions with your loved ones and family.
Once you decide to make an estate gift to Central Ohio Technical College, inclusion as a member of The 1971 Legacy Society takes just three simple steps:
- Document Your Gift. With the help of your professional advisor, include a gift to Central Ohio Technical College in your estate plan. A gift of any size through any planned giving vehicle—including a bequest, life insurance policy, or individual retirement account (IRA) or other retirement plan—qualifies you for membership.
- Submit Your Gift Plan Information Form. Complete The 1971 Legacy Society Membership Form and return it to the Development Office. We will keep the details of your gift confidential, and you are welcome to decline public recognition.
- Send Us Your Gift Documentation. Send the Office of Advancement a copy of your will, trust agreement or insurance policy. If you prefer, you may copy just the relevant part of your will or trust agreement, or the cover and beneficiary pages of your insurance policy.
Including COTC in your estate plans demonstrates your enthusiasm for, and strong belief in the success of the college, today and tomorrow. We understand estate planning is a personal matter, but notifying the college of your intentions can have benefits for you as well.
A few facts to consider:
- We can help you ensure your gift is fulfilled according to your wishes.
- We value such a profound commitment and would like the opportunity to thank you.
- You can modify your plans at any time.
- You will become a member of The 1971 Legacy Society.
Please contact Kim Manno, J.D., CFRE, Director of Advancement, if you would like to learn more about planned giving options or The 1971 Legacy Society at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740.366.9135 direct line.