Students who wish to work as tutors are encouraged to apply!
What does a peer tutor do?
- Assists students with course related concepts and facilitates development of effective, related study skills
- Conducts one-on-one drop-in tutoring sessions
- Consult with faculty for course resources, guidance, and direction
- Works approximately 5 to 10 hours per week
Benefits of being a peer tutor
- Meet a diverse group of students across a variety of academic disciplines
- Develop leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Reinforce knowledge of course related content
- Work around class schedule
- Develop skills for successful transition into the workplace
- Achieve satisfaction from other students’ academic success
- Must have received an “A” grade in the course you would like to tutor.
- Peer tutors need a recommendation from faculty for the courses they wish to tutor in. Please make sure your professor(s) fill out the following form:
For more information, please contact John McCauley, Tutoring Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org