Students can choose one of two majors in the sonography program at COTC: general or cardiac. All concentrations of the program are accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
DMS general major
- Abdominal organs: liver, kidneys, spleen, pancreas, etc.
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Breast, thyroid, prostate, etc.
- Musculoskeletal muscles and tendons
- Neonatal brain and pediatrics
DMS cardiac major
- Adult heart
- Cerebrovascular carotid arteries and brain
- Peripheral blood flow of vessels in arms and legs
- Abdominal arteries and veins