Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Social and Behavioral Sciences department is to prepare students in the essential principles of the social and behavioral sciences as they relate to competencies in the technologies in general life skills.
At the completion of the general education components relating to social and behavioral sciences, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate the basic theoretical constructs and research in the social and behavioral sciences.
- Apply competencies in those areas of the social and behavioral sciences relevant to specific technologies.
- Apply concepts in social and behavioral sciences and draw conclusions in a variety of media including written and oral presentations.
- Examine the principles of the social and behavioral sciences and apply to personally relevant life situations.
- Recognize diversity and the importance of individual differences and similarities in a variety of contexts.
- Apply critical thinking skills as they relate to contemporary social and behavioral science problems and issues.
Please contact the Gateway-Admissions Office, located on the Newark Campus in the Hopewell Mall (740-366-9222), for further information regarding the Social and Behavioral Sciences course offerings at Central Ohio Technical College.