A Shared Services Committee referred to as Campus Council shall be formed to plan and monitor Campus-wide services. Its membership shall be agreed upon by the institutions and may include the chief financial officer of each institution, the superintendent of physical facilities, chief of Campus public safety, a member of the Board from each institution, and a faculty representative from each institution. Campus Council or its Executive Management Subcommittee shall meet regularly on an agreed-upon schedule to:
- Review and monitor shared services budgets. The chief financial officer shall develop shared services budgets annually, which are to be approved by the chief executive officer of each institution. The Executive Management Subcommittee of Campus Council shall review the expenditure record of each shared service. If a service is exceeding its budget, the committee may direct the manager to implement economy measures, or may approve an addition to the budget, as appropriate.
- Set and monitor service expectations. The committee shall monitor the quality of shared services. If a change in policy or in the scope of a shared service is desired, the unit manager shall prepare a plan of action and an estimate of cost. The committee may direct the implementation such change and augment or reduce the unit’s budget, as appropriate.
- Coordinate Campus-wide policy. The committee shall review, approve, or modify Campus-wide policy and may propose new policies, including but not limited to parking fees. The University shall maintain a master file of Campus-wide policy.
- For any construction or renovation project on Campus that exceeds $50,000 in total cost, regardless of the current ownership or use of the building or space, the Executive Management Subcommittee of Campus Council shall review and approve the project request by a simple majority vote.
- The University and the College shall maintain a joint Master Plan for the Campus, to be updated at minimum every 10 years.
At the Newark campus, Campus Council membership includes the President of Central Ohio Technical College, the Dean and Director of The Ohio State University at Newark, the Vice President/Director for Business and Finance, the Vice President and Chief of Staff, the Ohio State Newark Associate Dean, COTC’s Provost, the OTDI Relationship Manager assigned to the campus, the Director of Advancement, the Marketing and Public Relations Director, the Director of Student Life, faculty members designated by the dean and director and president, and student representatives as needed.
The core team of Campus Council, comprised of the President of Central Ohio Technical College, the Dean and Director of The Ohio State University at Newark, the Vice President/Director for Business and Finance, and the Vice President and Chief of Staff, meets on a monthly basis. Other standing members of the Campus Council are invited to attend as agenda items dictate. The core team serves as the Executive Management Subcommittee of Campus Council.
The definition of the committee is reviewed annually and is part of the Collaboration Agreement Between The Ohio State University and Central Ohio Technical College which is included in the budget book published by the accounting department.