The Newark campus receives numerous inquiries from individuals and organizations about donations and memorials to the campus. The intent of the Campus Arts and Memorials Advisory Committee is to create a program that is flexible and responsive to the needs of our community’s donors yet ensures that the mission of both Central Ohio Technical College and The Ohio State University at Newark are withheld and the master plan for the Newark campus is honored.
The Campus Arts and Memorials Advisory Committee is composed of the following campus representatives:
- director of advancement
- facilities superintendent
- Student Government president
- COTC faculty member
- Ohio State Newark faculty member
The committee will be led by the director of advancement.
- The committee is charged to respond to requests made by the campus leadership—the President of COTC and the dean of Ohio State Newark—to provide feedback based on a review of proposed gifts and or projects.
- The committee will participate in the development of guidelines for memorial projects on the Newark campus.
- The committee advises the COTC president and Ohio State Newark dean when the campus is selecting art to enhance the physical facilities and the campus.
The campus leadership will be notified of a donor’s intent to gift a piece of art or create a memorial project on campus. The COTC president and Ohio State Newark dean will review the gift or project and determine if the Campus Arts and Memorials Advisory Committee should provide a recommendation.
If the committee is engaged, it will provide a recommendation to the campus leadership with the final decision resting with the COTC president and Ohio State Newark dean.
Edited/Approved by Drs. MacDonald and Berry: 10/16/2023