Participants read The Ride of Her Life by bestselling author Elizabeth Letts, and then meet for a discussion and book signing with the author.
Complimentary copies of the book are available to the first 100 registrants. Books may be picked up at:
- The John L. and Christine Warner Library
- Any of the public libraries in Licking County
- Free e-books and e-audio-books available to download through any public library in Licking County (supply limited)
- Contact Laura Walsh: 740.364.9514 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit any of the public libraries in Licking County
About the Book
The Ride of Her Life is the triumphant true story of a woman who rode her horse across America in the 1950s, fulfilling her dying wish to see the Pacific Ocean. Elizabeth Letts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Eighty-Dollar Champion and The Perfect Horse, which won the 2017 PEN Center USA Literary Award for research nonfiction, as well as the novel Finding Dorothy. A lifelong horsewoman, she lives in Southern California and Northern Michigan.
One Book, One Community is made possible through the Melissa Warner Bow endowed fund. The Licking County Foundation, United Way of Licking County, The Energy Cooperative Operation Round Up Foundation and Park National Bank are also sponsoring the event.