Student Ambassadors serve to set the tone for prospective students and their families. They guide, direct, inform and teach prospective students what to expect from campus life. In addition, Student Ambassadors serve as special event assistants representing the student and broader communities. Concerts, grand openings, alumni events, new student orientations, conferences, hosting campus VIPs, etc. constitute examples of special events in which the student ambassadors should engage.
Please direct any questions you may have about the role to Annie Maxwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roles of Student Ambassadors
- Attend on-campus college activities representing either COTC or Ohio State Newark.
- Provide a unique student perspective to the quality of experiences offered at the Newark campus.
- Assist in campus recruiting events such as orientations, Discover COTC, specialized high school visit days, High Ability initiatives, Tech Prep outreach programs, and group informational tours.
- Participate in on-campus recruiting activities.
- Present directly to new students and conduct campus tours for orientation programs.
- Serve as special hosts during special occasions such as scholarship receptions, ground breaking/ribbon cutting ceremonies, concerts, lectures, and parades.
- Assist with the production of Alumni events and activities.
- Serve as a special host or tour guide for recruitment of prospective faculty and/or staff.
- Serve on various campus committees where direct student input is warranted.
Eligibility Requirements for the Student Ambassador Program
- Student must have attended COTC or Ohio State Newark for a minimum of one semester in order to attain an understanding of the campus community and culture.
- Student must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Student must submit an application.
- Student must submit a letter of recommendation from a campus faculty and/or staff member with their application.
- Student must conduct an actual interview as part of the selection process.
Compensation for Student Ambassadors
- Each Student Ambassador will receive an hourly wage for the assigned hours worked.
- Assignments will be set by the Office of Student Life.
- Student Ambassadors will receive an Ambassador shirt.
- Student Ambassadors will be recognized at the annual Leadership Awards reception.
- Student Ambassadors will receive enhanced leadership, communication and networking skills, as well as potential career development opportunities.
Maintaining Good-Standing as a Student Ambassador
- Submit and adhere to a schedule of availability.
- Keep commitments…no more than one missed appointment per semester.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 service hours annually.
- Attend training sessions as scheduled.
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA.