The diagnostic medical sonography program at Central Ohio Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
The Program Goal
To prepare competent entry-level general and/or cardiovascular sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (behavior) learning domains.
The Learning Objectives
- Utilize oral and written communication.
- Provide basic patient care and comfort.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of human gross anatomy and sectional anatomy.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of physiology, pathology and pathophysiology.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of acoustic physics, Doppler ultrasound principles and ultrasound instrumentation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the interaction between ultrasound and tissue and the probability of biological effects in clinical examinations.
- Employ professional judgment and discretion.
- Understand the fundamental elements for implementing a quality assurance and improvement program and the policies, protocols and procedures for the general function of the ultrasound laboratory.
- Recognize the importance of continuing education.
- Recognize the importance of and employ ergonomically correct scanning techniques.
Class of 2019:
- RETENTION RATE: General 100%, Cardiovascular 92%
- EMPLOYMENT RATE: General 100%, Cardiovascular 100%
- CREDENTIALING SUCCESS RATE: General 100%, Cardiovascular 100%