Central Ohio Technical College (COTC) is doing more to make college affordable for area high school graduates.
Beginning in autumn 2020, high school graduates who have completed 12 or more hours of College Credit Plus (CCP) coursework with COTC and then continue enrolling at the college may be eligible to receive up to $1,000 per semester. The college’s new CCP Scholarship will enable students to save thousands on college tuition costs while completing an associate degree or certificate.
CCP allows middle to high school students to get a jump start on college by earning high school and college credit at the same time by taking courses at COTC. CCP is free for public school students; private or homeschooled students may have limited costs.
“Whether students want to move quickly into a high-demand career such as healthcare or engineering, or complete the first two years of a bachelor’s degree at COTC and then transfer to a four-year university, the CCP Scholarship will help them get wherever they want to be with less debt,” said COTC President John M. Berry, PhD.
Other CCP Scholarship eligibility requirements and information:
- Open to class of 2020 high school graduates and beyond.
- Students must hold a minimum 2.75 grade point average in CCP credit earned with COTC.
- Students must complete the free COTC application for admission at cotc.ed/apply.
- Upon high school graduation, students must submit their final high school transcript.
- CCP Scholarship awards are automatic – there is no separate CCP scholarship application.
- High school graduates must enroll at COTC in the autumn or spring semester after their high school graduation.
- $1,000 award is based upon full-time enrollment (12 credit hours per semester).
- $750 award (9-11 credit hours per semester).
- $500 (6-8 credit hours per semester).
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours per semester.
- CCP Scholarships will be automatically renewed until the completion of the student’s first associate degree as long as the student maintains a minimum 2.0 GPA and meets the standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress found at cotc.edu/admissions/SAP.
- CCP Scholarships cover tuition and general fees; cost of books, other fees and supplies are not eligible.
- Students must file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.gov annually and submit any additional documentation requested for the financial aid process.
Newark – 740.366.9222
Coshocton – 740.622.1408
Knox – 740.392.2526
Pataskala – 740.755.7090
COTC is a fully accredited, public college dedicated to providing high-quality, accessible programs of technical education in response to current and emerging employment needs. COTC is the only technical college in Ohio operating four full-service campus locations: Newark, Coshocton, Knox and Pataskala
COTC is a fully accredited, public college dedicated to providing high-quality, accessible programs of technical education in response to current and emerging employment needs. COTC is the only technical college in Ohio operating four full-service campus locations: Newark, Coshocton, Knox and Pataskala.