Independence Day Concert and Fireworks
Sponsored by the J. Gilbert Reese Family Foundation, COTC and The Ohio State University at Newark.
The evening’s celebration begins with popular local musical groups in the Martha Grace Reese Amphitheatre. The crowd-favorite fireworks display begins at dusk. The public is encouraged to bring lawn chairs, picnics and blankets for a fun-filled evening of music and entertainment.
This event is free and open to the public. Parking is also free. A number of local vendors will be serving food and beverages.
5:45 p.m. Licking County 4-H Band
6:30 p.m. Sticks & Stones
8 p.m. Heisey Wind Ensemble
10 p.m. Fireworks
10:30 p.m. Sticks & Stones encore
Adam’s Eden Food Truck
The Columbus Coffee Co.
COTC Radiologic Technology Students (cotton candy)
The Good Food Dude
Krakin Kettle Popcorn
New Orleans Shaved Ice
Newark Church of the Nazarene
Two Cheezy Guys
For the safety of our guests, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Reserving space on campus is prohibited until 10 a.m. on July 3. Any items, such as tents, chairs or stakes, on campus grounds prior to 10 a.m. July 3 will be confiscated.
- Please do not park in grass.
- The COTC and Ohio State Newark campus is 100% tobacco free. No tobacco use at any time, anywhere on campus.
- Alcohol is not allowed on campus.
- Political campaigning and posting political signs on campus is not allowed during this event.
- Refrain from riding bicycles, skateboards, scooters and other similar devices on campus during the event.
- Drones are prohibited.
- Personal fireworks, including sparklers and smoke bombs, are prohibited.
- Please leave pets at home.
- Grills are not allowed.
Public Safety Plan for Post-Event Traffic
At the conclusion of the event, the following traffic plan will be in effect. Please note the available exits, road closures and direction of traffic flow from the campus area.
Country Club Drive North Exit
Traffic will be directed north on Country Club Drive toward Sharon Valley Road. Cars may turn west (left) or east (right) onto Sharon Valley Road. Traffic turning east (right) will be directed onto King Road.
Country Club Drive South Exit
Traffic will be directed south on Country Club Drive. Cars may continue south on Country Club Drive to access OH-16E. Cars may turn west (right) onto Granville Road to access OH-16W. Cars will not be permitted to turn east (left) onto Granville Road.
Rotary Park/Evans Complex
Traffic will be directed east on Sharon Valley Road, and then north (left) onto Hamilton Avenue and east (right) onto Moull Street to 21st Street.