Dedicated to excellence in nursing education, the National League for Nursing is the preferred membership organization for nurse faculty and leaders in nursing education.
Approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing
Whose mission is is to actively safeguard the health of the public through the effective regulation of nursing care.
17 South High Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215-7410
(614) 466-3947 • FAX: (614) 466-0388
The Central Ohio Technical College Nursing Program is fully compliant with the Ohio Board of Nursing regulations and Ohio Revised Code requirements for nursing educational programs content. Students completing a nursing education program at Central Ohio Technical College are eligible to sit for the NCLEX exam for Ohio licensure. The Central Ohio Technical College Nursing Program has not determined if their curriculum meets the educational requirements for any other states in the U.S. If you plan to complete your nursing education at Central Ohio Technical College and obtain your licensure in another state, you may find your desired state’s educational requirements provided by NCSBN at this link.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Nursing Technology – One Year Certificate Program in Practical Nursing is to provide health education programs for emerging and practicing healthcare providers, accomplished through the values of integrity, quality, leadership, affordability and innovation.
- Functions efficiently as a member of the health care team to provide safe, competent, quality care that meets the diverse needs of patients in a variety of health care settings.
- Communicates effectively with individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team.
- Utilizes technology and a spirit of inquiry to consider resources to question and guide nursing actions.
- Provides patient-centered nursing care across the lifespan and promotes the health of patients within the family context.
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for one’s own nursing practice consistent established, legal, and ethical standards.
Program Philosophy and Program Student Learning Outcomes approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing September 2011.
Created/modified: 04/2002 Reviewed:
05/2003 Reviewed: 05/2004 Reviewed:
05/2005 Reviewed: 05/2006