A resident of Mount Vernon, Mr. Yance retired in 2011 after working 33 years for First-Knox National Bank. He was CFO from 1978–2002 and served as president from 2002–2011. After his retirement, he served as chairman of the board.
Some of Yance’s community involvement (also serving in a leadership role for some) has included:
- Knox Community Hospital
- Area Development Foundation of Knox County
- Community Foundation of Mount Vernon and Knox County
- Mount Vernon and Knox Chamber of Commerce
- Mount Vernon Rotary Club and Rotary Foundation
- Central Ohio Technical College – Knox Campus Advisory Board member
- Village Network/Knox County Children’s Resource Center
- Mount Vernon Board of City Income Tax Appeals
- United Way of Knox County
- Salvation Army
- Owl Creek Conservancy
Yance holds a Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration from Ohio University.
Yance and his wife, Fran, have two adult children who also reside in Knox County.