Open Enrollment begins November 1, 2020, and ends November 15, 2020, for the Plan Year covering January 1 – December 31, 2021.
During Open Enrollment eligible faculty and staff have the opportunity to review, renew and make changes to select benefit plans. You may:
- Enroll, cancel or make changes to Health Plan benefit elections (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Add or drop dependents, based on Health Plan eligibility requirements (see dependent eligibility guidelines)
- Enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) – continued participation requires re-enrollment each plan year
- Make elections for voluntary group term life insurance (VGTLI) spouse and/or child(ren) coverage
Even if you are making no other changes, be sure to review any dependents who are currently enrolled under your health care coverage, in conjunction with the plans’ eligibility requirements (see dependent eligibility guidelines). Be sure to drop ineligible dependents and change your health plan coverage level if applicable.
Be sure to note the following important dates applicable to Open Enrollment:
- November 1-15, 2020 – Open Enrollment for the 2021 plan year. Submit your benefit election enrollment forms manually by printing, completing and submitting appropriate form(s) listed below to the Office of Human Resources.
- November 15, 2020 - The deadline to submit your benefit election forms to the Office of Human Resources.
- January 1, 2021 – The date that benefit plan elections made during this Open Enrollment period become effective.
- January 1 – December 31, 2021 – The plan year during which benefit plan elections made during this Open Enrollment period will be effective. Also, new initiatives for Your Plan 4 Health will begin January 1, 2021.
Benefits Plan Information
Benefits through The Ohio State University Healthplan
What’s Changing in 2021,
Medical and Prescription Drug Benefits,
Dental and Vision Plans,
Your Plan for Health,
Life Insurance, and
Health benefits summaries:
- Medical and Prescription
- Dental and Vision
- Health reimbursement account (HRA)
- Voluntary group term life insuranc (VGTLI)
- All benefit plan contribution rates
FSA Flexible Spending Accounts through COTC
Please contact Sherry Abbott, HR consultant, email@example.com or 740.364.9550.