Office of Career Development Annual Career Fair
Event Date: Monday, April 5, 2021 to Thursday, April 8, 2021
Event Time: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Ohio State University at Newark and Central Ohio Technical College will host a Virtual Career Fair Monday, April 5 – Thursday, April 8, 2021. The virtual format provides students and alumni an extended period of time and flexibility to connect with area employers representing a variety of industry sectors. Take advantage of this opportunity to seek full-time, part-time, and internship roles, or learn about career pathways within organizations
Participating employers will designate their availability to meet with students and alumni during this time frame.
Students and Alumni can now register for the event. Go to:
If you need assistance creating your College Central Network (CCN) account or accessing your account to register for the event, please contact The Office of Career Development at 740.366.9453 or email@example.com.
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact Derek Thatcher at 740.366.9453 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests made two weeks prior to the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.
Please see the student/alumni participation tips below.
Student/Alumni Participation Tips:
- Job seekers must be registered in the COTC Job Board (CCN) to view employers and to share resumes with them.
- COTC students can access the site and register for the event by signing in through their existing CCN account or by Activating their CCN account.
- Ohio State Newark students can access the site and register for event through the “Community Resident” tab.
- Job seekers are strongly encouraged to upload their resumes prior to the event so that they can share them with employers.
- Only job seekers who have been selected by employers will be able to schedule individual meeting/interview times.
- When a job seeker has been selected by an employer to schedule a meeting/interview time, they will receive an email notification and an Alert! item on their COTC Job Board (CCN) Dashboard. Job seekers are able to schedule times by selecting “Check Interview Status.”
- If the employer has elected not to link their calendar and video conference account and the job seeker has been selected to meet with the employer, the job seeker will be able to select a “Contact” button, reach out to the employer via email, and schedule a mutually convenient outside of the COTC Job Board (CCN) system.
In collaboration with the Licking County NAACP – organizations identifying as Black-owned businesses will be encouraged to make this notation within their company description.
The Office of Career Development continues in its effort to assist students and alumni in their career search strategies. We encourage you to utilize the free electronic job and internship board (collegecentral.com/cotc/).