For autumn semester, writing tutoring will be provided
face-to-face and online.
BEFORE you contact us, here are two great (free)
resources for you to use on your own:
Microsoft Editor (available in Microsoft
WORD – view this video for
Evaluate your writing with this free resource, which
includes review of: Spelling, Grammar, Clarity, Conciseness,
Formality, Inclusiveness, Punctuation Conventions, Resume, and
Paperrater (available online – view
this video for
Evaluate your writing with this free online resource,
which includes: Plagiarism Detection, Auto Grader, Spelling and
Grammar Check, Style and Word Choice Analysis, Readability
Statistics, Title Validation, Vocabulary Builder tool.
THEN, here are three options for how we can work with you to
review your writing:
1) Participate in a face-to-face live session.
- The CRC is located in Warner Center Room 214 on the Newark
campus. Please contact
Bruce Weaver for information regarding extended campus
2) Schedule an appointment for a live session
- Indicate your availability for a 45-minute session by
completing this form.
- Then, we will contact you as soon as possible with a specific
time for your session.
3) Submit a paper to be reviewed and returned
to you by email.
- You MUST use your official college email
address on the submission form. Otherwise, your paper will not be
- Our goal is for you to receive a response within 72
- Our tutors will not edit, correct, proofread, or
rewrite your paper, but they will gladly give you
feedback regarding concerns (you have
identified), so you can improve your writing.
Links to helpful resources
Creating a Thesis Statement
MLA Formatting and Style
APA Formatting and Style Guide
Looking for an idea for a