More Than $1 Million in Scholarships
Need a new job? Finanacial challenges? We can help!
If you're looking for career training so you can find a new job or are facing financial challenges or hardships, Central Ohio Technical College is here to help. We're offering more than $1 million dollars in scholarships. Even if you've never thought college possible, COTC may also help with living expenses or other educational costs.
Who is eligible?
- New students, those transferring from another institution and continuing students.
- All students who apply, are admitted to COTC and submit the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will automatically be considered for scholarships; there is no separate scholarship application to complete.
What will these scholarships pay for?
- Scholarships combined with other forms of financial aid can be used for tuition and books as well as living expenses. In some cases students could receive enough funding to cover 100% of their tuition and have funds left to assist with living expenses.
When are they available?
- Scholarships are available for the 2020-2021 academic year, which begins with the opening of COTC's summer semester on May 11.
Can anyone enroll at COTC?
- Regular admission to a degree or certificate program is open to all who have earned a high school diploma, completed home schooling at the secondary level or passed the General Education Development (GED) test.
- COTC may also grant prior-learning credit for certain life and career experiences.
To be eligible for scholarships, take these steps:
- Community members who have never attended COTC will need to submit the free application for admission at cotc.edu/apply.
- File the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov as soon as possible.
- Enroll for a minimum of six credit hours per semester in a degree or certificate program.