The Office of Student Records maintains all official student documents and data, including the official academic record for each student. Records staff process incoming transcripts, forms, and other various requests related to a student's academic record.  Additionally records staff manage important processes related to enrollment, from point of application through graduation.  The Office of Student Records is a part of the Gateway Enrollment Center. 

Send your official transcripts to COTC REcords

High School Transcript– Please request a transcript from the high school where you graduated. You should reach out to the guidance counselor at your high school. Official transcripts must be sent by email directly from high school personnel or mailed in a sealed envelope from the school.

GED Transcript—Please visit the official GED transcript site  to request your official GED transcript.

College Transcript – Please request a transcript from all colleges and universities you have attended. Official transcripts must be sent by the college or university. Typically, a college transcript can be requested online through an electronic service provider. Transcripts sent through an electronic service provider can be delivered electronically either as a PDF via email or through an electronic portal.  Transcripts can also be mailed by the college or university to The Gateway.

Our admissions team can answer questions about submitting transcripts and help students understand course placement and possible transfer credit.

Email Official Transcripts to:
​​Mail Official Transcripts to: 

Central Ohio Technical College
ATTN: Records
1179 University Dr.
Newark, OH 43055
​Contact Records 

Transfer Students

Transferology--This tool can give you an idea of which classes might transfer to COTC from your other school(s), however, you should always reach out to Records for the most up-to-date information about transfer credit.

Comprehensive Guide to Transfer Agreements --In the state of Ohio, most of your general education credits will be transferable between public institutions.

Transfer Credit Appeal (PDF)--If you believe you should have credit for a class that does not transfer initially, you do have the option to appeal your transfer credit. Please consult the Records department and your academic advisor before completing and submitting your Transfer Credit Appeal.


Military and Veteran Students-- Records completes the transfer credit evaluations of all Military training.


Academic Calendar--is a useful resource for checking important dates at COTC (like when registration ends, the last date to drop a class, and when your Petition to Graduate is due!).

Petition to Graduate (PDF)--COTC students submit this form along with a Program Evaluation one semester before graduation.

Request your transcript from COTC--If you are a COTC student looking to transfer credit to another institution, you should have your COTC transcript sent to your new school.

Forms Repository 

Forms Repository--The Records department processes a variety of forms for students. Many of those forms can be found in the Forms Repository for you to access. 

Please do not complete or submit a form without connecting with an Admissions Representative or a Records staff member.

Records Staff

​Veronica Rine
​Michelle Armas
Records Specialist
​Jessica Carringtion
Records Specialist
​Melissa Fuller
Records Specialist
​Linda Reynard
Records Specialist
Gina Shackle
Assistant Registrar

Privacy and Ferpa

FERPA is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and it governs the release of student educational records. It tells us what we are and are not allowed to release to interested parties and gives guidelines on how certain sensitive information can be requested.