Free College for Eligible Coshocton County Residents
WHAT is the COTC Coshocton Promise?
- COTC guarantees that tuition (instructional and general fees) will be entirely covered by institutional, federal and state aid as well as private scholarships.
- Coshocton Promise is initially possible through a partnership between COTC and the Coshocton Foundation’s Clarence and Grace Miller Scholarship endowment.
WHO is eligible for the COTC Coshocton Promise?
Other Coshocton Promise eligibility information:
- Open to new, current or returning COTC students who do not already hold a bachelor’s degree or an associate degree.
- Open to students enrolled in an aid-eligible COTC degree or certificate program*.
- Current and returning COTC students must meet the standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress (visit cotc.edu/admissions/sap).
- Students must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA and continue meeting the standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress and maintain all other federal eligibility requirements each semester enrolled at COTC to maintain Coshocton Promise eligibility.
- Eligibility determined each year based on household income on the FAFSA and continued Coshocton County residency.
- Enroll in as little as one credit hour in your program each semester.
- No lifetime dollar limit to Promise awards.
* The plan of study for each COTC degree or certificate will state whether it is aid-eligible.
WHEN will the COTC Coshocton Promise be available?
Beginning summer semester 2019 (classes begin May 13, 2019).
WHERE can eligible students use Coshocton Promise funds?
Enroll at any COTC campus or online.
HOW can students apply for the COTC Coshocton Promise?
No separate application; students who have been admitted, completed the FAFSA and submitted any additional documentation requested for the financial aid process will automatically be considered.
TAKE THESE STEPS:
- Apply and be admitted to COTC.
- Complete the FAFSA (students are encouraged to file the FAFSA by the priority filing date) for intended first semester of enrollment, and annually thereafter.
- Summer 2019 FAFSA priority filing date is April 1, 2019.
- Receive your notification letter.
- Register for classes.
Learn more at: 740.622.1408 or
Read the press release here: cotc.edu/news