The mission of the Office of Multi-Cultural Affairs is to promote cultural awareness events and programs both on and off campus and create an environment that is conducive to the overall collegiate experience for students regardless of ethnicity, socio-economic status, origin, gender, race, sexual orientation or disability.
The Office of Multi-Cultural Affairs strives to develop comprehensive programs to increase retention of minority students for academic success and professional development as well as collaborate with other offices and the community to create an inviting and relaxed atmosphere that promotes inclusiveness for all students.
The Office of Multi-Cultural Affairs:
- Serves as a location for development and awareness of multi-cultural programs and events, on and off campus;
- Enhances exposure and creates a learning environment of cultural differences for students, staff, and faculty;
- Supports academic resources;
- Interprets information given to students by other offices and serves as a mediator;
- Organizes outreach programs to communicate educational opportunities at Ohio State Newark and COTC;
Assists admissions and advising in the recruitment and retention of students.
For additional information contact:
Vorley Taylor, Program Manager
The John L. & Christine Warner Library and Student Center, room 226