Want to Help Others?
Human Services is the Profession for You.
The most rewarding aspect of a career in human services is the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping others & making a difference. Possible careers paths includes working with various populations as a social work assistant,chemical dependency counselor assistant, case manager, intake coordinator, group leader and many others.
Some benefits of COTC’s Human Services program are:
• Direct knowledge of social service agencies and skill requirements;
• Professional growth and development;
• Specialization courses in chemical dependence and/or gerontology;
• Opportunity to transfer classroom learning to work experience; and
• Potential job placement and/or references
• Graduates who have successfully completed the program are eligible to apply for registration as a Social Work Assistant (SWA) through the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board.
• Graduates who have successfully completed the program have fulfilled a portion of the requirements necessary for licensure as a Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant, and components of the Chemical Dependency Counselor II (LCDC II) and prevention Specialist Certification through the State of Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board.
Graduates are awarded an Associate of Applied Science degree in Human Services. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics employment of social and human service assistants is expected to grow by 28 percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations.