Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Advanced Manufacturing Technology--Machining Option program is to prepare students for careers in the machine tool technologies. Students will develop academic, technical, and professional knowledge and skills required for the acquisition, retention, and advancement in their career. The program includes a combination of machine tool theory, practical application, quality control, and business and production management techniques to ensure their success.
At the completion of the Advanced Manufacturing Technology--Machining Option plan of study the student will be able to
1. Demonstrate setup, layout, aintenance, safe operation, monitoring and troubleshooting of manual and Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machines.
2. Demonstrate project management, production planning and control and quality assessment in manufacturing.
3. Demonstrate good team and interpersonal skills to enhance both oral and written communication with colleagues, management and other professionals within the manufacturing industry.
4. Create CAD drawings and interpret simple to complex blueprints for the manufacturing of a product.
5. Create, troubleshoot and train others on CNC programming.
6. Demonstrate math skills relating to dimensions, measuring, determining layout of manual and CNC machining and programming.
Please contact the COTC Gateway-Admissions Office, located on the Newark Campus in the Hopewell Mall (740-366-9222), for further information regarding the Accounting Technology program.