Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Electromechanical Engineering Technology Program at Central Ohio Technical College is to produce technically trained personnel who understand electronics, computer networks, automated systems, and the generation and use of power. These technicians will play key roles in many aspects of today’s highly technical environment, especially in the emerging area of green technologies.
At the completion of the Advanced Manufacturing Technology--Machining Option plan of study the student will be able to
- 1. Analyze basic digital circuits at the component level.
- 2. Use, maintain, and troubleshoot communication systems including wireless and
- hard-wired systems.
- 3. Use, set up, and maintain personal computers and computer network systems.
- 4. Set up and operate electromechanical systems, including those related to energy
- generation and use.
- 5. Communicate orally and in writing with colleagues and customers.
- 6. Critically analyze and solve problems individually and collaboratively.
Please contact the COTC Gateway-Admissions Office, located on the Newark Campus in the Hopewell Mall (740-366-9222), for further information regarding the Accounting Technology program.