A person who has attended college before is considered a transfer student. Below are the steps to take in order to enroll at Central Ohio Technical College:
1. Submit the online application for admission with a one-time fee of $20. Most students are accepted right away. Once accepted, you will be sent an acceptance letter and will receive an email with instructions on how to set up your COTC email. Email is the official means of communication at COTC, please check your email on a daily basis for important information and next steps.
2. Complete the online FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). If you plan to use Financial Aid, submit the FAFSA as soon as possible and enter COTC’s school code – 011046
3. Submitting your official high school transcript, GED or college transcripts is optional for many students, while for others, transcripts are required. The following students are required to submit transcripts:
* Students going into a health program, early childhood education or law enforcement
* Students wishing to obtain transfer credit from another accredited college to COTC. A bulletin with course descriptions or course syllabi from applicant's former college may be requested before transfer credit is evaluated
4. Complete placement testing and/or submit ACT or SAT scores. This may be waived based on college credits To determine course placement, COTC will evaluate your college transcripts, ACT or SAT scores or have you complete the COMPASS test. To schedule the placement test, contact your local Gateway Office.
5. Attend a New Student Orientation and register for your classes!