1. Submit online Application for Admission. Effective beginning the 2014-2015 school year, the $20.00 application fee is no longer charged to High School Options students.
2. Must be an Ohio resident
3. Submit the Recommendation Form signed by the high school guidance counselor, principal or appropriate administrator.
4. Submit an Official High School Transcript indicating a 2.5 cumulative GPA. (Please note that Freshman must establish a high school GPA prior to being eligible to participate by either completing a full semester of high school coursework or completing high school coursework prior to freshman year that is recorded on a high school transcript.)
5. Complete the COMPASS Assessment to determine course placement
Home-Schooled Admissions Requirements:
1. Submit online COTC Application for Admission. Effective beginning the 2014-2015 school year, the $20.00 application fee is no longer charged to students.
2. Must be an Ohio resident.
3. Must be a minimum age of 14 and a maximum age of 18 years old.
4. Submit a copy of school district communication recognizing student eligibility for home school instruction as outlined in OAC 3301-34-04.
5. Complete the COMPASS Assessment to determine course placement.
All application materials must be submitted by the deadline dates established below.
Fall Semester Deadline: August 13, 2014
Spring Semester Deadline: December 29, 2014
The COMPASS is a COTC placement assessment used to determine a student's skills in Reading, Writing and Mathematics. There is no cost to the COMPASS Assessment. To schedule an appointment to take the COMPASS, contact the COTC Gateway at one of COTC's four locations. In order to prepare to take the COMPASS, you are encouraged to view COMPASS online resources