A person who has never attended college before is considered a first-year student. Below are the steps to take in order to enroll at Central Ohio Technical College:
1. Submit the online application for admission with a one-time fee of $20. Most students are accepted right away. Once accepted, you will be sent an acceptance letter and will receive an email with instructions on how to set up your COTC email. Email is the official means of communication at COTC, please check your email on a daily basis for important information and next steps.
2. Complete the online FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). If you plan to use Financial Aid, please submit the FAFSA as soon as possible and enter COTC’s school code – 011046
3. Submitting your official high school transcript or GED is optional for many students. Students going into a health program, early childhood education or law enforcement are required to submit their official high school transcript or GED. ACT and SAT scores are listed on your high school transcript.
4. Complete placement testing for free and/or submit ACT or SAT scores. To determine course placement, COTC will evaluate your ACT or SAT scores or have you complete the COMPASS test. To schedule the placement test, contact your local Gateway Office.
5. Attend a new student orientation and register for your classes!