General Parking Rules
All students and personnel at Central Ohio Technical College and The Ohio State University at Newark are subject to the traffic and parking regulations established by the Department of Public Safety. In addition, standard traffic regulations and definitions, as enacted in the motor vehicle laws of the State of Ohio, will be enforced on all campus properties at all times.
- The posted speed limit is 10 mph in all parking lots and 25 mph on University Drive that encircles the Newark campus.
- Designated parking areas have been posted and are reserved for holders of faculty/staff permits, disabled permits and state vehicles. Students and visitors may park in any unrestricted parking space on campus in white-lined areas. Student, visitors, and employees without faculty/staff permits must have a white line on both sides of the vehicle. Street parking is available at the Coshocton and Knox campuses.
- Parking regulations are in effect and enforced 24 hours a day. The responsibility for finding a legal parking space rests with the motor vehicle operator regardless of weather or crowded conditions.
- The Newark Campus reserves the right to remove, or have removed and impounded, any vehicle that is parked in such a manner as to constitute a hazard or parking violation. Owners of such vehicles will be required to pay all costs involved. The campus cannot assume responsibility for the care or protection of any vehicle or its contents at any time it is operated or parked on campus property. Owners should ensure that unattended vehicles are locked at all times.
- Faculty and staff may purchase a parking permit at Fees and Deposits located in Hopewell Hall. Permits are good from July 1 through June 30 the following year.
- Students may obtain a parking permit at no cost in the Public Safety office. Please bring your license plate number and student ID.
For questions, please contact:
Department of Public Safety
John L. and Christine Warner Library & Student Center, #105
1219 University Drive
Newark, OH 43055
- STAFF & FACULTY: Obtain and display your parking permit.
- STUDENTS: Park in white-lined areas only.
- Slow down in parking lots and please drive safely!
- Report crime or suspicious activity to Public Safety at 740.366.9237.