immigrant students who are in the US as a Permanent Resident, Refugee, Asylee,
DACA or on an approved visa status are welcome to apply to study at COTC.
For more information on visas with which a person may be eligible to enroll, review the Immigration and Customs Enforcement document "Nonimmigrants: Who Can Study".
The following documents must be submitted for admission:
- Application for Admission
- Application Deadline is 1 week prior to the start of the semester.
- Official high school and/or college transcript
- Provide appropriate documentation of status (one of below)
- Permanent Resident Card
- DACA - employment authorization card
- Asylee or Refugee documentation
- I-94 Form
- Notice of Action (I-797) Form
- Passport showing visa status
A student may receive transfer credit for courses taken at international colleges and universities. To receive consideration for transfer credit, the student must submit an official college transcript from each college for which transfer credit is being requested as well as an evaluation report of their transcripted college level studies from a professional credential evaluation company that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Companies who have memberships in NACES may be located on the NACES web site at http://www.naces.org.
COTC has partnered with SpanTran, a NACES member, to simplify the request process for applicants. To request a transcript evaluation through SpanTran, please submit the SpanTran Application for COTC. Please note that any NACES member can be used to request a transcript evaluation.