May 18, 2017 – Newark, OH—Central Ohio Technical College (COTC) is now accepting nominations for the prestigious John C. "Jay" Barker Community Service Alumni Award. The award, which was created in 2013 by the COTC Alumni Council, recognizes COTC alumni who have made a significant impact through their service to improve our community. The deadline for nominations is June 9, 2017. The award will be presented at the annual concert and fireworks on July 3.
The inaugural award was presented posthumously in 2014 to John C. "Jay" Barker. The COTC Alumni Council chose to forever honor Barker by naming the award for him because of his leadership with the Licking County Courthouse Lighting Committee, Licking County Senior Levy Committee, COTC Alumni Council, Energy Cooperative Operation Roundup Foundation Board, Licking County Governmental Preservation Society, National Heisey Glass Museum Board, Rotary Club of Newark-Heath and Ohio Bankers League.
Criteria to consider when nominating:
- Does the nominee use their talents to serve their community?
- Does the nominee personally undertake at least one of the following:
- Serve on a community board or lead a community project?
- Inspire others to volunteer their time and talents?
- Advance the college (COTC) through their service?
To nominate someone for this award, you must submit the following:
- Completed nomination form available at cotc.edu/alumni.
- Documentation of support criteria. This may include a résumé and/or a written statement of explanation about how the candidate meets the award criteria.
- If the submission is being written by a family member of the nominee, you must include contact information and a letter of support from a peer and/or supervisor of the nominee.
Please submit nomination to:
Central Ohio Technical College
Attn: Matt Kelly, Director of Development
1179 University Drive, Newark, Ohio 43055
For additional information regarding the Community Service Alumni Award, to learn more about the alumni program or to update your contact information with the college, please contact Laura Walsh at 740-364-9514 or email@example.com.
COTC was ranked number one in Ohio and number 19 in the nation by PayScale in its 2016-17 College Salary Report ranking the best community and career colleges by salary potential. COTC is a fully accredited, public college dedicated to providing high-quality, accessible programs of technical education in response to current and emerging employment needs. COTC is the only technical college in Ohio operating four full-service campus locations: Newark, Coshocton, Knox and Pataskala.