May 11, 2015 – Newark, OH – The Development Office of Central Ohio Technical College (COTC) is now accepting nominations for the prestigious John C. “Jay” Barker Community Service Alumni Award, which was created in 2013 by the COTC Alumni Council. The purpose of the award is to recognize COTC alumni who have made a significant impact through their service to improve our community.
The inaugural award was presented posthumously in July 2014 to John C. “Jay” Barker. Because of Jay’s leadership with the Licking County Courthouse Lighting Committee, Licking County Senior Levy Committee, COTC Alumni Council, Energy Cooperative Operation Roundup Foundation Board, Licking County Governmental Preservation Society, National Heisey Glass Museum Board, Rotary Club of Newark-Heath and Ohio Bankers League, the COTC Alumni Council chose to forever honor Jay by naming the award for him.
Criteria to consider when nominating:
1. Does the nominee use their talents to serve their community?
2. Does the nominee personally undertake at least one of the following:
a. Serve on a community board or lead a community project?
b. Inspire others to volunteer their time and talents?
c. Advance the college (COTC) through their service?
To nominate someone for this award, you must submit the following:
1. Completed nomination form (available through the Alumni link on the COTC web site at www.cotc.edu or go directly to the online form http://www.cotc.edu/Alumni/Pages/Alumni-Awards.aspx).
2. Documentation of support criteria to consider. This may include a résumé and/or a written statement of explanation about how the candidate meets the award criteria.
3. If the submission is being written by a family member of the nominee, you must include contact information and a letter of support from a peer and/or supervisor of the nominee.
Please submit nomination to:
Central Ohio Technical College
Attn: Matt Kelly, Director of Development
1179 University Drive, Newark, Ohio 43055
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 740-364-9644
The award is presented to the selected recipient during the Annual Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks Display at the Newark Campus on July 3rd.
For additional information regarding the Community Service Alumni Award, to learn more about the Alumni Program, or to update your contact information with the college, please contact Laura Walsh at 740.364.9514 or email to email@example.com.
Central Ohio Technical College is a fully accredited, two-year college dedicated to providing high quality, accessible programs of technical education in response to current and emerging employment needs, as well as encouraging the professional development of students, staff, faculty, and administrators to assist them in achieving their maximum potential. COTC operates campus locations in Newark, Coshocton, Knox and Pataskala.