-->

Licking County Historical Homes Tour Includes COTC President’s Home

April 7, 2016—Newark, OH—Central Ohio Technical College's (COTC) president's home will be included in the 2016 Historic Homes Tour being held by the Licking County Historical Society on Sunday, April 24th.

HallHouse_Drive_0270_lr.jpgThe tour of six area homes of historical or architectural interest will begin at 1:00 p.m. with a short lecture at the John Gilbert Reese Center's Alford Performing Arts Hall located at 1209 University Drive on the shared campus of COTC and The Ohio State University at Newark.

The president's home, known as The Hall House, was built in 1908 by William C. Hall. His family, of English decent, had lived and farmed the property since 1841. Various family members lived in The Hall House over the years until it was purchased in the spring of 1990 by the Thomas J. Evans Foundation.

HallHouse_Entry_0275_lr.jpgThe renovation was overseen by Mrs. J. Gilbert Reese and much of the décor was provided by the Thomas J. Evans Foundation and Mr. and Mrs. Reese. It was then leased to the Newark campus for receptions and special events.

President of the Newark Campus Dr. Anne Federlein first resided in The Hall House during her tenure from 1999 to 2004. In 2004, Dr. Bonnie L. Coe was appointed president of COTC and following further renovations and landscaping, she and her husband, Larry, moved into the house during the summer of 2004.

With a wonderfully large family of seven adult children, the Coe family breathed new life into the home. "We are beginning our 13th year at The Hall House," said President Coe. "This house that has such a lived-in history has become a warm and welcoming home for us that is filled with many happy memories and special occasions."

Cost of the tour is $15.00 for members and $20.00 for non-members. No reservations are required. For more information, please call 740.345.4898. ​

HallHouse_Coe_dr_0268_lr.jpgCentral Ohio Technical College opened in 1971 and is celebrating its 45th anniversary in 2016. COTC is a fully accredited, public college dedicated to providing high-quality, accessible programs of technical education in response to current and emerging employment needs, as well as encouraging the professional development of students, staff, faculty and administrators to assist them in achieving their maximum potential. COTC is the only technical college in Ohio operating four full-service campus locations: Newark, Coshocton, Knox and Pataskala.